Soma Glick, D.O.M. (NM), L.Ac., CHom
About this Course
CEU Hours: 15 CEUs and 15 NCCAOM PDAs per course
CEU Dates: May 14 & 15, 2016
CEU Time: 8:30am – 5:00pm
Treating Children with Oriental Medicine: Healing with Sho-Ni-Shin
May 14 & 15, 2016
CEU Hours: 15 CEUs and 15 NCCAOM PDAs
This comprehensive course covers the treatment of children from newborn to 10 years of age. It will greatly benefit practitioners who wish to add various Oriental techniques into their existing pediatric practice and those who have never worked with children before.
*This course is a pre-requisite for the Advanced course
• Recognizing how treating children differ from treating adults.
• In-depth diagnosing through visual and palpation skills.
• Presentation of Dr. Miki Shima’s sho-ni-shin method, tools, and general treatment.
• In class demonstration of sho-ni-shin and practice time with each other.
• Acupuncture points, sho-ni-shin and herbal medicine prescriptions for acute upper respiratory and digestive disorders in children, which form the core of a pediatric practice.
• Treating and managing chronic illnesses.
• Tips on how to administer herbs to children as well as dietary and lifestyle recommendations.
• On day 2 afternoon, observation of children being treated in the classroom by Soma.
Advanced Pediatric & Sho-Ni-Shin: Behavioral Disorders – CANCELLED (Due to a technical error, we must cancel the Advanced Pediatric course. We are working to reschedule this course. We apologize for the inconvenience.)
About the Instructor
Soma Glick is a Diplomate in Acupuncture and Herbology and holds a D.O.M. from NM and is a Lic.Ac. in CO as well as a certified Classical Homeopath. After graduating from the International Institute of Chinese Medicine in Santa Fe, New Mexico she has completed internships in Beijing, China and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam. She studied Pediatric Sho-Ni-Shin with Miki Shima (a Japanese Sho-Ni-Shin Master). She was a professor at the Southwest Acupuncture College in
Boulder, Colorado from 1998 to 2005 where she developed and taught the Pediatric Acupuncture course and taught many other core curriculum classes. She ran the professional pediatric
clinic and personally mentored several students. In 2003, Soma started teaching weekend seminars on pediatric acupuncture around the world. She has taught with Jake Fratkin at the CSOMA symposium in San Francisco and lectured on treating children with Oriental Medicine at the Boulder
Community Hospital. She was invited to speak on healing and spirituality in India and Singapore.
In 2005 she moved to the island of Bali and donated one day a week to the children’s clinic of the Bumi Sehat birthing center in Ubud. She also conducted numerous intensive courses
teaching pediatrics and obstetrics to licensed acupuncture practitioners and offering clinics to the poor local Balinese population. In 2013 Soma returned to Boulder and has resumed her
professor position at SWAC, teaching the pediatric class and clinic and reopening her private practice.. Soma has been published in “the Journal of Chinese Medicine” and in
ACCHS CEU Provider Number: 001
Language of Instruction: All courses taught in English unless otherwise noted
Location of Courses: All courses held at ACCHS (1600 Broadway Ave, Oakland, CA 94606) unless otherwise noted
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellations must be received in writing by letter, fax, or email (email@example.com).
- Cancellations made at least 7 calendar days prior to the first class day will receive a full refund less a $40.00 administration fee.
- Cancellations made less than 7 calendar days prior to the first class day will receive a 50% refund.
- ACCHS is unable to transfer course fees paid for one seminar or course to any other seminar or course.
- In the unlikely event that ACCHS has to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment, or for some other unforeseen reason, registrants will receive a full refund.