Applicants must have completed sufficient undergraduate studies (60 semester credits / 90 quarter credits, i.e. 900 hours), equivalent to at least two years of general education studies, or possess an A.A., B.A., or B.S. degree from an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Depatment of Education.
In addition to the general education requirements (category A), students must complete at least 10 units of the science course prerequisites (category B).
The Academy seeks applicants who wish to study traditional Chinese medicine within the context of Chinese philosophy and Chinese culture. A personal commitment to the study and practice of the medical arts, combined with a sound undergraduate academic background, are qualities common to the Academy student body.
The Academy’s curriculum is now presented in English and Chinese, providing equal access to native speakers of each language. Students come for lectures two days per week for the entire three-year program.
Daytime classes – Tuesday & Thursday
Saturday & Sunday
The Academy’s program supports the professional development of working adults by offering the option of either full-time or part-time studies.
Applicants must have a total GPA of at least 2.5 (C+) in all prerequisite course work and at least a 2.0 (C) in any individual course.
A. General Education:
60 semester credits/ 90 quarter credits (900 hours)
- English Composition/Language/Literature
- Social Sciences
- Natural Sciences
B. Science Course Prerequisites for MSTCM:
20 semester units (300 hours)
- General Biology 3 units (45 hrs)
- General Chemistry 2 units (30 hrs)
- Biochemistry 1 unit (15 hrs)
- General Physics 1.5 units (22.5 hrs)
- Biophysics 0.5 units (7.5 hrs)
- General Psychology 2 units (30 hrs)
- Western Medical Terminology 2 units (30 hrs)
- Human Anatomy 4 units (60 hrs)
- Human Physiology 4 units (60 hrs)
Additional Admissions Requirements
- The Anatomy prerequisite must be successfully completed before enrolling in acupuncture courses.
- The Physiology prerequisite must be completed before enrolling in Pathology.
- All category B prerequisites must be completed before the registration of advanced TCM courses and within the first academic year.
- Category B courses may be offered pending faculty availability and minimum class size requirements.
If you think you’re ready, APPLY NOW!