To transfer prior credit, you must submit a written Request Form for Admissions Committee review and approval within your first year of enrollment in the program.
- a university or college accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education; or
- a post-secondary educational institution approved or authorized by an appropriate governmental agency in the jurisdiction in which it is located, or
- a program approved by the California Acupuncture Board and accredited by ACAOM and if the course name, credits, and necessary course descriptions indicate that the course meets the requirement of the Academy.
- Courses must be completed with a grade of 2.0 (C) or better; and the overall GPA for such courses must be 2.3 (C+) or better.
- Courses completed more than five years earlier must be evaluated and approved by the Admissions Committee;
- Courses completed at foreign institutions must first be evaluated by a foreign transcript evaluation agency. Foreign courses may be transferred only upon the approval of the admissions Committee;
- MSTCM courses completed at an institution not accredited by an agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education, pending Admissions Committee approval, will require a challenge exam.
- All third-year program didactic and clinical credit must be earned in residency at the Academy.
Potential Transfer Credits
Up to 100% transfer credit may be awarded for coursework and clinical instruction completed successfully at another acupuncture school or college which is approved by the California Acupuncture Board and accredited by ACAOM.
Up to 100% of transfer credit may be awarded for courses completed successfully in basic sciences, clinical medicine, case management, practice management, public health, and professional development at a school which is approved under Article 4 (commencing with Section 94760) of Chapter 7 of Part 59 of the Education Code or by an accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education.
Up to 50% credit, by transfer or challenge exam, for clinical practice coursework and instruction in acupuncture and Oriental medicine principles, theories and treatment procedures completed successfully at a school which is not approved by the California Acupuncture Board may be awarded by a school approved by the Acupuncture Board, provided that at Admissions at least 50% of the course hours in individual subjects are completed successfully at a school approved by the Acupuncture Board.
For more information regarding transfer credit or the transfer credit process, please contact the ACCHS Administration Office @ 510.763.7787 or e-mail email@example.com.