The Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences is located in vibrant downtown Oakland, California, just across the bay from San Francisco.
We offer approved degree programs for the Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine. We also have certification programs and classes for Tui-Na medical massage, Taiji (tai-chi) and Qigong (chi-kung). Our campus is also the location of our Community Acupuncture and Herb clinic.
Graduates of the Master of Science in Traditional Chinese Medicine (MSTCM) degree program are eligible to sit for the acupuncture licensure examination given by the California State Acupuncture Board, and sit for the National Commission for the Certification of Acupuncturists and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) exam.
Click for more information:
ACCHS is the third-oldest TCM school in the United States. ACCHS remains one of the few colleges teaching classical Chinese medicine as it is practiced in China. Find out more about our rich history.
The goal of the Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences is to provide exceptional education in Traditional Chinese Medicine, and serve as an economical outlet for health care services through its public clinic. Students in the graduate program will receive the skills and experience necessary to obtain licensure to become exceptional primary health care providers.
At the time of graduation, the student will be:
- Competent in the fundamental philosophy and methodologies which underline TCM, including acupuncture, herbal medicine, nutrition, and energy cultivation.
- Ready to sit for and pass the California State Licensing exam and NCCAOM exam.
- Able to use medical knowledge to determine the course of a patient’s ailments and apply the appropriate treatment to alleviate and to eliminate the source of the discomfort.
- Capable of using TCM knowledge in guiding the general health care of his/her patients.
- Knowledgeable in the capabilities and differences between TCM and Western medicine. Will know some fundamental Western medicine techniques, such as first aid and CPR.
- Know the ethical principles of conducting a medical practice.
- Have the business knowledge to operate an independent clinic or group practice.
- Able to continue their education and advance their knowledge through independent study, research, or a post-professional program.
The Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences is institutionally accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM), which is the recognized accrediting agency for freestanding institutions and colleges of acupuncture or Oriental medicine that offer such programs. ACAOM is located at 8941 Aztec Drive, Eden Prairie, Minnesota 55347; phone 952/212-2434; fax 952/657-7068.