We offer several CE courses per year, totaling at least 50 required CE credits per two-year period.
ACCHS is approved by the California Acupuncture Board as a continuing education provider for licensed acupuncturists (Provider Number 001).
1. Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture for Treating Neurological Diseases and Chronic Acute Pain
CEU Hours: 18 CEUs approved
Instructor: David Bomzon
Didactic lectures and practical application (18 CEU’s): July 29 – 30, 2017 (8:00am – 6:00pm)
Yamamoto New Scalp Acupuncture (YNSA) is named after the Japanese physician, Dr. Toshikatsu Yamamoto, who developed this acupuncture system in 1973. YNSA is used to treat neurological conditions, and is both effective and immediate in stroke patients with pain and/or restricted mobility. As a result, the use of YNSA has increased and has become the most frequently used form of acupuncture. YNSA comprises basic acupuncture points (somatopes) mainly on the scalp, as well as on other body regions. In addition to providing symptomatic relief, YNSA is sometimes curative.
The workshop’s duration is 18 hours which is spread over two days, 9 hours/day. The workshop is an active learning workshop during which the participants will learn the YNSA macros stem acupuncture points, which were described by Yamamoto and which are currently used to effectively treat a wide range of neurological and orthopedic conditions. In the workshop, participants will learn and practice the location and indications of the four different needling groups of YNSA.
July 29 – 30, 2017
(8:00am – 6:00pm)
18 CEUs approved
2. Healing Stress-Anxiety-Depression & Pain — Precursor to Disease
with Classical Chinese Medicine Daoist Style
Master Tung’s Holographic Acupuncture-Herbs-Nutrition-Qigong
CEU Hours: 15 CEUs approved
Instructor: Jeff Nagel, M.A., L.Ac.
Didactic lectures and practical application (15 CEU’s): September 23 – 24, 2017 (9:00am – 6:00pm)
Classical Chinese Medicine traditions raise the question: What causes and promotes health and vitality and not just dis-ease? Some of the most effective answers and solutions to this question will be covered in this class:
“7 parts patient lifestyle adjustment + 3 parts doctor’s treatment”
– Relax & Calm Down Qigong Breathing & Taiji Ruler Heart Calming Qigong for patients and practitioners (please bring 6-8 wooden chopsticks bound together with 2 rubber bands). Learn simple & effective methods of Acu-Touch Pulse for diagnosis & treatment. Internal-external herbal polarity-5 phase nutrition.
– Learn practical clinical applications to diagnose and treat stress-anxiety-depression-PTSD-pain before dis-ease sets in using Master Tung’s Acupuncture and the 5 Phase Organ-Meridians-12 Attitudes Method
– How to harmonize the emotions with Temporal Pulse Balancing, the “10 Essentials of Life” & Geopathic Medicine for stress-anxiety-depression-PTSD and pain
– Practical, highly effective methods you can begin to use right away. The class is taught through a combination of lecture, hands-on experience, question & answer opportunities. Bring your most difficult case studies to class for group feedback and applied practical clinical applications.
September 23 – 24, 2017
(9:00am – 6:00pm)
15 CEUs approved
3. Battlefield Acupuncture
CEU Hours: 15 CEUs Pending
Instructor: John Howard, L.Ac, Dipl. Ac.
Didactic lectures and practical application (15 CEU’s): November 4 – 5, 2017 (9:00am – 5:00pm)
Battlefield Acupuncture is an Auricular Therapy (Ear acupuncture) protocol that was invented by Dr. Richard Niemtzow MD in 2001. He came up with the name Battlefield Acupuncture for the simple reason that it could be used on the battlefield when it was not advisable or desirable to use Western pain medications such as narcotics. The protocol uses up to 5 specific points on each ear and employs a specific type of auriculotherapy needle. It is used to treat all types of pain. It was so effective in the military that it was taught to civilians to use for non-military patients. Its popularity has taken off exponentially since its inception.
The seminar consists of two days that are taught by John Howard, L.Ac., Dipl.Ac. He did a five-year fellowship with the protocol inventor before he started teaching the seminar with and without Dr. Niemtzow. John Howard has taught this seminar for close to 10 years both in the United States and internationally. The two-day seminar is approved by NCCAOM for 15 PDAs and by the California Acupuncture Board for 15 California CEUs. The course is taught over the weekend. For at least the past 7 or 8 years, our seminars have been sponsored by Lhasa OMS. This includes providing us with goodie bags for each student with an abundance of sample products including the specific auriculotherapy needles used for this protocol.
November 4 – 5, 2017
(9:00am – 5:00pm)
15 CEUs pending
4. Advanced Pediatrics TCM & Sho-Ni-Shin Seminar, Behavioral Disorders
CEU Hours: 15 CEUs Pending
15 NCCAOM PDAs approved
Instructor: Soma Glick, D.O.M., (NM), L.Ac., CHom.
Didactic lectures and practical application (15 PDA/CEU’s): February 24 – 25, 2018 (8:30am – 5:00pm)
This course is designed as a follow-up to the basic “Treating Children with Oriental Medicine: Healing with Sho-Ni-Shin” course. We will take time for in-class practice with the sho-ni-shin tools on Saturday to brush up the basic sho-ni-shin techniques introduced in the first course and introduce other techniques specific for calming shen and the nervous system.
This course will cover a wide range of children’s “so-called” behavioral disorders, from hyperactivity, Attention Deficit Disorder and autism as well as anxiety, insomnia and night terrors and see how they affect different age groups, from infants, toddlers, school-age children and teen-agers. It will give participants an understanding of this modern day epidemic from both the Traditional Chinese and Japanese acupuncture systems.
Soma will present real cases from her private practice and will cover in-depth treatment protocols with acupuncture, sho-ni-shin techniques and herbal medicine, as well as take a look at life style and nutritional issues.
February 24 – 25, 2018
(8:30am – 5:00pm)
15 CEUs pending
15 NCCAOM PDAs approved
Coming from out of town?
ACCHS is happy to welcome you to Oakland and ACCHS. Find FAQs on our website at: http://www.acchs.edu/ceufaqs/
ACCHS CEU Provider Number: 001
Language of Instruction: All courses taught in English unless otherwise noted
Location of Courses: All courses held at ACCHS (1600 Broadway Ave, Oakland, CA 94612) unless otherwise noted
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All cancellations must be received in writing by letter, fax, or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Cancellations made at least 7 calendar days prior to the first class day will receive a full refund less a $40.00 administration fee.
- Cancellations made less than 7 calendar days prior to the first class day will receive a 50% refund.
- ACCHS is unable to transfer course fees paid for one seminar or course to any other seminar or course.
- In the unlikely event that ACCHS has to cancel a course due to insufficient enrollment, or for some other unforeseen reason, registrants will receive a full refund.